Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Mist - Stephen King

I went to a sneak preview screening of this movie and all I could think of when leaving the movie were the following two things:

1. Made for TV movie
2. Was the short story as bad as the movie?

I did not like the movie. It was bad. The acting wasn't that good. The actors were unknowns, but some did look familiar,but I still had no idea who they were. It seemed like they had already segemented the movie in case it didn't go well in the theaters so that it could go straight to the TV.

I don't know what was worse, the movie or the audiences reaction to the movie. The movie was made for the non-thinker, for the reaction. And by the audience in attendence, they did their job. I had people clapping and going crazy when one of the ladies was shot in the head or when the "grandma" threw a can of soup at the same lady that was later shot. I don't get it. I felt stupid for even being there. I felt my brain cells diminishing.

I don't recommend it. It's not worth the time or money.

No comments: