Thursday, June 14, 2007

Weird Al at San Diego County Fair 06/13/07 Review (Kinda)

I laughed pretty hard last night at the Weird Al Concert at the San Diego County Fair.

He had 4 piece band (guitar, bass, keys, and drums) with him and a huge screen he used during his costume changes. He opened with a medley of current songs ranging from Black Eye Peas, Coldplay, Justin Timberlake, Avril Lavigne and some others. He sang their lyrics, but in his style.

I think my highlight was perhaps seeing him strip down to a yellow SpongeBob SquarePants T-shirt and then unzipping his fly and taking off his pants to reveal boxers and a pink tutu, all the while singing to James Blunt's "You're Beautiful," but a la Wierd Al. He also did a Star Wars paradoy and ended up grinding on a fan. hahaha

He played for about two hours and there were some sound/technical issues. The mix was too loud. It seemed like the sound guys weren't on the same page. I know during one of his "interviews" all sound was lost. All you heard was the booing of the fans, but it was fixed rather quickly.

He intervied Jessica Simpson (who like's to do it pdiddy style (back to back)), Mariah Carey, Madonna, Celine Dion, Justin Timberlake and a few others.

I'm happy I treked it. The traffic wasn't bad at all and the food was good.

I even caught a little of The Fab Four's set (Beatles Tribute Band). They were pretty good. They play all the instruments live and they sing everything. I'd definitely see both bands again.

No comments: